Will “Baggage Handling Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Baggage Handling Supervisor” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Baggage Handling Supervisor”
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cargo dollies
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Conveyor belt systems
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Cargo turntables
- Data input scanners
- Pancake scales
- Aircraft loaders
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Scissor lift trucks
- Wheeled forklifts
- Pallet jacks
- Belt loader trucks
- Cargo winches
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Desktop computers
- Forklift scales
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Mobile radios
- Pry bars
- Cargo tracking system software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Word
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel