Will “Sort Operations Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Sort Operations Supervisor” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Sort Operations Supervisor”
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
Related Technology & Tools
- Conveyor belt systems
- Mobile radios
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Cargo dollies
- Pallet jacks
- Cargo winches
- Wheeled forklifts
- Forklift scales
- Aircraft loaders
- Cargo turntables
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Belt loader trucks
- Pry bars
- Pancake scales
- Scissor lift trucks
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Desktop computers
- Data input scanners
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Cargo tracking system software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Data entry software