Will “Sort Operations Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Sort Operations Supervisor” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Sort Operations Supervisor”
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
Related Technology & Tools
- Pancake scales
- Cargo dollies
- Cargo winches
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Conveyor belt systems
- Data input scanners
- Pry bars
- Desktop computers
- Scissor lift trucks
- Belt loader trucks
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Forklift scales
- Mobile radios
- Cargo turntables
- Aircraft loaders
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Wheeled forklifts
- Pallet jacks
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Word
- Cargo tracking system software