Will “Loadmaster” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Loadmaster” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Loadmaster”
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wheeled forklifts
- Pallet jacks
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Pancake scales
- Scissor lift trucks
- Desktop computers
- Cargo dollies
- Data input scanners
- Forklift scales
- Aircraft loaders
- Belt loader trucks
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Cargo turntables
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Cargo winches
- Mobile radios
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Pry bars
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Conveyor belt systems
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Data entry software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Cargo tracking system software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word