Will “Cargo Service Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Cargo Service Supervisor” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Cargo Service Supervisor”
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
Related Technology & Tools
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Cargo dollies
- Cargo turntables
- Scissor lift trucks
- Pallet jacks
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Wheeled forklifts
- Pancake scales
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Conveyor belt systems
- Cargo winches
- Belt loader trucks
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Data input scanners
- Mobile radios
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Pry bars
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Forklift scales
- Aircraft loaders
- Desktop computers
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Office
- Cargo tracking system software
- Data entry software