Will “Cargo Services Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Cargo Services Coordinator” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Cargo Services Coordinator”
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cargo winches
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Conveyor belt systems
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Mobile radios
- Scissor lift trucks
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Pallet jacks
- Pancake scales
- Cargo dollies
- Aircraft loaders
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Forklift scales
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Wheeled forklifts
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Belt loader trucks
- Cargo turntables
- Pry bars
- Data input scanners
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Data entry software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Cargo tracking system software
- Microsoft Excel