Will “Cargo Services Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Cargo Services Coordinator” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Cargo Services Coordinator”
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Data input scanners
- Cargo dollies
- Pry bars
- Belt loader trucks
- Aircraft loaders
- Wheeled forklifts
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Scissor lift trucks
- Conveyor belt systems
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Desktop computers
- Pallet jacks
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Mobile radios
- Cargo turntables
- Pancake scales
- Cargo winches
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Forklift scales
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Microsoft Word
- Cargo tracking system software
- Microsoft Office
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Data entry software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite