Will “Equipment Service Lead” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Equipment Service Lead” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Equipment Service Lead”
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
Related Technology & Tools
- Aircraft loaders
- Cargo dollies
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Forklift scales
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Data input scanners
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Pancake scales
- Pry bars
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Belt loader trucks
- Scissor lift trucks
- Pallet jacks
- Mobile radios
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Desktop computers
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Cargo turntables
- Cargo winches
- Wheeled forklifts
- Conveyor belt systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Data entry software
- Cargo tracking system software