Will “Line Service Supervisor (LSS)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Line Service Supervisor (LSS)” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Line Service Supervisor (LSS)”
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
Related Technology & Tools
- Conveyor belt systems
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Desktop computers
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Cargo winches
- Aircraft loaders
- Pancake scales
- Pallet jacks
- Cargo dollies
- Cargo turntables
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Scissor lift trucks
- Wheeled forklifts
- Mobile radios
- Data input scanners
- Belt loader trucks
- Forklift scales
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Pry bars
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Data entry software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Cargo tracking system software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite