Will “Line Service Supervisor (LSS)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Line Service Supervisor (LSS)” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Line Service Supervisor (LSS)”
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
Related Technology & Tools
- Scissor lift trucks
- Pancake scales
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Mobile radios
- Cargo dollies
- Belt loader trucks
- Pry bars
- Forklift scales
- Cargo turntables
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Wheeled forklifts
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Conveyor belt systems
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Pallet jacks
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Desktop computers
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Cargo winches
- Aircraft loaders
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Data input scanners
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Cargo tracking system software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Word
- Warehouse management system WMS