Will “Line Service Supervisor (LSS)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Line Service Supervisor (LSS)” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Crew Supervisor
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Line Service Supervisor (LSS)”
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
Related Technology & Tools
- Pry bars
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Cargo turntables
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Belt loader trucks
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Wheeled forklifts
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Conveyor belt systems
- Forklift scales
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Data input scanners
- Cargo winches
- Desktop computers
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Pancake scales
- Scissor lift trucks
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Pallet jacks
- Cargo dollies
- Aircraft loaders
- Mobile radios
- Cargo tracking system software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Data entry software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Excel