Will “Ground Crew Supervisor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
6.6% Chance of Automation
“Ground Crew Supervisor” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #149 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 24.00
- Currently, there are 7,460 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors”.
Also Known As…
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Ramp Supervisor
- Ramp Lead
- Ramp and Cargo Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Line Service Supervisor (LSS)
- Ground Operations Supervisor
- Equipment Service Lead
- Cargo Supervisor
- Transportation Agent
- Sort Operations Supervisor
- Ramp Service Employee
- Ramp Boss
- Cargo Services Coordinator
- Cargo Service Supervisor
- Baggage Handling Supervisor
- Airport Ramp Supervisor
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Airfreight Operations Agent
- Airfreight Loading Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist Supervisor
- Air Cargo Specialist
- Air Cargo Ground Operations Supervisor
- Air Cargo Ground Crew Supervisor
Tasks for “Ground Crew Supervisor”
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Scissor lift trucks
- Conveyor belt systems
- Cargo tiedown straps
- Cargo dollies
- Mobile radios
- Airplane baggage tuggers
- Elevating transfer vehicles ETV
- Cargo collection hoppers
- Cargo winches
- Wheeled forklifts
- Belt loader trucks
- Cargo turntables
- Aircraft loaders
- Pry bars
- Desktop computers
- Aircraft wheel chocks
- Pallet jacks
- Pancake scales
- Programmable logic control PLC conveyor systems
- Pipe roller conveyors
- Forklift scales
- Data input scanners
- Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Data entry software
- Cargo tracking system software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook