Will “CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)”
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting curves
- Steel rules
- Drafting triangles
- Desktop computers
- Drafting machines
- Personal computers
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Autodesk Revit
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Microsoft Excel
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Microsoft Visio
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- PEDYN P2000
- Intergraph INtools
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- Microsoft Office