Will “CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)”
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
Related Technology & Tools
- Steel rules
- Drafting curves
- Drafting triangles
- Personal computers
- Drafting machines
- Desktop computers
- Intergraph INtools
- Bentley MicroStation
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Microsoft Access
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- PEDYN P2000
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- Autodesk Revit
- Microsoft Word
- PTC Pro/CABLE