Will “Instrumentation Designer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Instrumentation Designer”
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting machines
- Personal computers
- Steel rules
- Drafting triangles
- Drafting curves
- Desktop computers
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Autodesk Revit
- Microsoft Word
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Excel
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- PEDYN P2000
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Intergraph INtools
- Microsoft Visio
- Bentley MicroStation
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management