Will “Instrumentation Designer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Instrumentation Designer”
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Steel rules
- Drafting triangles
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Drafting curves
- Drafting machines
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Microsoft Office
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- PEDYN P2000
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- Intergraph INtools
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Microsoft Access
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bentley MicroStation
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Microsoft Visio