Will “Electrical Drafters” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
Also Known As…
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Electrical Drafters”
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting curves
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Drafting triangles
- Steel rules
- Drafting machines
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Bentley MicroStation
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Intergraph INtools
- PEDYN P2000
- Microsoft Excel
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Microsoft Access
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk AutoCAD