Will “Electrical Drafters” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
Also Known As…
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Electrical Drafters”
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting machines
- Desktop computers
- Drafting triangles
- Drafting curves
- Steel rules
- Personal computers
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Bentley MicroStation
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Intergraph INtools
- Autodesk Revit
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- PEDYN P2000
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Visio
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Microsoft Access
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Microsoft Excel
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- Microsoft Word
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS