Will “Line Staker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Line Staker
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Line Staker”
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting triangles
- Drafting machines
- Personal computers
- Drafting curves
- Steel rules
- Desktop computers
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- PEDYN P2000
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Bentley MicroStation
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Visio
- Intergraph INtools
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Autodesk Revit
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Microsoft Office
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Bentley AutoPLANT