Will “Senior Engineering Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Senior Engineering Associate”
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Drafting machines
- Personal computers
- Drafting triangles
- Steel rules
- Drafting curves
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Microsoft Excel
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Bentley MicroStation
- Intergraph INtools
- PEDYN P2000
- Autodesk Revit
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Access
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- Microsoft Word
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Microsoft Office
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Microsoft Visio
- PTC Pro/Pipe