Will “Senior Engineering Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Senior Engineering Associate”
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Steel rules
- Drafting machines
- Drafting curves
- Drafting triangles
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Autodesk Revit
- PEDYN P2000
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Intergraph INtools
- Bentley MicroStation
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Microsoft Excel
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS