Will “Electrical Drafter” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Electrical Drafter”
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting machines
- Drafting triangles
- Steel rules
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Drafting curves
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Intergraph INtools
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Autodesk Revit
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Excel
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Access
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Microsoft Visio
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Microsoft Office
- PEDYN P2000
- Microsoft Word
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Bentley MicroStation
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- PTC Pro/Pipe