Will “Engineering Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Associate
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Engineering Agent”
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drafting curves
- Drafting triangles
- Desktop computers
- Drafting machines
- Steel rules
- Personal computers
- Bentley AutoPLANT
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Microsoft Excel
- Bentley MicroStation
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Autodesk Revit
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Microsoft Visio
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- PEDYN P2000
- Microsoft Access
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Microsoft Word
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Intergraph INtools
- Microsoft Office
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER