Will “Engineering Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3012.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electrical Drafters”.
Also Known As…
- Electrical Drafters
- Staking Engineer
- Line Staker
- Engineering Agent
- Electrical Drafter
- Electrical Designer
- CAD Technician (Computer Aided Drafting Technician)
- CAD Operator (Computer Aided Design Operator)
- Associate Drafter
- Staking Technician
- Senior Engineering Associate
- Instrumentation Designer
- Estimator and Drafter Supervisor
- Estimator and Drafter
- Engineering Associate
- Electrical Computer Aided Design Operator (Electrical CAD Operator)
- Design Engineer
- CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter)
- CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman)
- AutoCAD Technician
- AutoCAD Designer
Tasks for “Engineering Associate”
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Design electrical systems, such as lighting systems.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Write technical reports and draw charts that display statistics and data.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
Related Technology & Tools
- Steel rules
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Drafting curves
- Drafting triangles
- Drafting machines
- Bentley I/RAS B
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Bentley MicroStation
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Access
- PTC Pro/CABLE
- Microsoft Word
- ECT International Raceway Multi-Pack
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bentley PlantSpace SupportModeler
- Microsoft Office
- Creo Parametric Pro/ENGINEER
- PEDYN P2000
- Intergraph INtools
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- Autodesk Revit
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Excel
- COADE CADWorx P&ID
- Aveva Group Plant Design Management System PDMS
- Computer aided design and drafting software CADD
- PTC Pro/Pipe
- Bentley AutoPLANT