Will “Electro-Mechanic” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electro-Mechanic” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electro-Mechanic”
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wire strippers
- Hex wrenches
- Open end wrenches
- Load cells
- Portable welding equipment
- Flow meters
- Function generators
- Digital multimeters
- Pipe threading machines
- Spectrum analyzers
- Desktop computers
- Pressure sensors
- Drill presses
- Laser alignment tools
- Socket wrench sets
- Framing squares
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Laptop computers
- Protective goggles
- Pressure gauges
- Soldering equipment
- Force gauges
- Hipot testers
- Measuring tapes
- Pipe benders
- Digital cameras
- Conductivity sensors
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Circuit simulation software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Motion control software
- Microsoft Office
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Operating system software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Autodesk AutoCAD