Will “Electro-Mechanic” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electro-Mechanic” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electro-Mechanic”
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
Related Technology & Tools
- Drill presses
- Function generators
- Hipot testers
- Wire strippers
- Pipe benders
- Measuring tapes
- Spectrum analyzers
- Soldering equipment
- Load cells
- Conductivity sensors
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Pressure gauges
- Framing squares
- Socket wrench sets
- Laser alignment tools
- Pressure sensors
- Portable welding equipment
- Pipe threading machines
- Hex wrenches
- Laptop computers
- Open end wrenches
- Force gauges
- Digital multimeters
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Desktop computers
- Flow meters
- Protective goggles
- Digital cameras
- Microsoft Access
- Circuit simulation software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Human machine interface HMI software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Word
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Excel
- Motion control software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Operating system software