Will “Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)”
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital cameras
- Measuring tapes
- Socket wrench sets
- Force gauges
- Protective goggles
- Load cells
- Hex wrenches
- Framing squares
- Flow meters
- Laser alignment tools
- Desktop computers
- Pressure sensors
- Pipe benders
- Open end wrenches
- Wire strippers
- Conductivity sensors
- Digital multimeters
- Drill presses
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Laptop computers
- Soldering equipment
- Function generators
- Pressure gauges
- Spectrum analyzers
- Portable welding equipment
- Hipot testers
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Pipe threading machines
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- Circuit simulation software
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft Word
- Motion control software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Operating system software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook