Will “Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)”
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
Related Technology & Tools
- Pipe benders
- Pressure gauges
- Desktop computers
- Wire strippers
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Open end wrenches
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Conductivity sensors
- Digital multimeters
- Drill presses
- Force gauges
- Spectrum analyzers
- Laser alignment tools
- Digital cameras
- Laptop computers
- Measuring tapes
- Hipot testers
- Protective goggles
- Framing squares
- Pressure sensors
- Soldering equipment
- Pipe threading machines
- Load cells
- Function generators
- Portable welding equipment
- Socket wrench sets
- Hex wrenches
- Flow meters
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Circuit simulation software
- Human machine interface HMI software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Motion control software
- Operating system software
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Microsoft Office