Will “Product Test Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Product Test Specialist” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Product Test Specialist”
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
Related Technology & Tools
- Pipe threading machines
- Laptop computers
- Protective goggles
- Pipe benders
- Conductivity sensors
- Load cells
- Drill presses
- Force gauges
- Soldering equipment
- Flow meters
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Portable welding equipment
- Open end wrenches
- Digital cameras
- Function generators
- Pressure sensors
- Wire strippers
- Hex wrenches
- Framing squares
- Hipot testers
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Digital multimeters
- Socket wrench sets
- Laser alignment tools
- Pressure gauges
- Spectrum analyzers
- Measuring tapes
- Desktop computers
- PTC Creo Parametric
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Circuit simulation software
- Microsoft Office
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Operating system software
- Microsoft Access
- Motion control software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM