Will “Product Test Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
81% Chance of Automation
“Product Test Specialist” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #444 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-3024.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 57,860.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 13,710 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Electro-Mechanical Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Test Technician
- Product Test Specialist
- Mechanical Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Lab Technician)
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician (E/M Technician)
- Unmanned Equipment Operator
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roboticist (UAS Roboticist)
- Underwater Roboticist
- Supply Chain Technician
- Service Technician
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Engineering Technician (RPV Engineering Technician)
- Remotely Piloted Vehicle Controller (RPV Controller)
- Photovoltaic Fabrication and Testing Technician (PV Fabrication and Testing Technician)
- Maintenance Associate
- Field Service Technician
- Electromechanical Equipment Tester
- Electromechanical Assembly Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler
- Certified Control Systems Technician
- Automation Technician
Tasks for “Product Test Specialist”
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Prepare written documentation of electromechanical test results.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
Related Technology & Tools
- Programmable logic controllers PLC
- Desktop computers
- Pressure sensors
- Socket wrench sets
- Pipe benders
- Load cells
- Force gauges
- Pressure gauges
- Flow meters
- Portable welding equipment
- Framing squares
- Conductivity sensors
- Drill presses
- Protective goggles
- Wire strippers
- Function generators
- Digital multimeters
- Pipe threading machines
- Spectrum analyzers
- Direct current DC power supplies
- Digital cameras
- Laser alignment tools
- Hex wrenches
- Open end wrenches
- Laptop computers
- Measuring tapes
- Hipot testers
- Soldering equipment
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Computer aided design CAD software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Operating system software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management PLM
- Microsoft Word
- Circuit simulation software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Access
- Motion control software