Will “Braille Proofreader” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Braille Proofreader” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Editorial Assistant
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Production Proofreader
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Data Examination Clerk
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Braille Proofreader”
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer data input scanners
- Printers' rulers
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Copy machines
- Tablet computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Personal computers
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Visio
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- After the Deadline
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Quark Xpress
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Style guide databases
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Office
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Grammarly Editor
- Microsoft Excel
- Serenity Software Editor
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Pro Writing Aid
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver