Will “Braille Proofreader” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Braille Proofreader” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Editorial Assistant
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Production Proofreader
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Data Examination Clerk
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Braille Proofreader”
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Laptop computers
- Copy machines
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Printers' rulers
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- After the Deadline
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Style guide databases
- Microsoft Visio
- Quark Xpress
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Serenity Software Editor
- Grammarly Editor
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- FileMaker Pro
- Pro Writing Aid
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Microsoft Word
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt