Will “Production Proofreader” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Production Proofreader” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Editorial Assistant
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Data Examination Clerk
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Braille Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Production Proofreader”
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
Related Technology & Tools
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Printers' rulers
- Computer data input scanners
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Copy machines
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- Style guide databases
- After the Deadline
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Visio
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- Quark Xpress
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Pro Writing Aid
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Microsoft Word
- Serenity Software Editor
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- Grammarly Editor
- Microsoft Outlook
- File transfer protocol FTP client software