Will “Production Proofreader” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Production Proofreader” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Editorial Assistant
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Data Examination Clerk
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Braille Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Production Proofreader”
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
Related Technology & Tools
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Tablet computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Copy machines
- Printers' rulers
- Laptop computers
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- Serenity Software Editor
- Grammarly Editor
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- After the Deadline
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- Quark Xpress
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Word
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Microsoft Excel
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Access
- Pro Writing Aid
- Microsoft Visio
- Style guide databases
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker