Will “Editorial Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Editorial Assistant” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Production Proofreader
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Editorial Assistant
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Data Examination Clerk
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Braille Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Editorial Assistant”
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Printers' rulers
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Laptop computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Tablet computers
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Copy machines
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Pro Writing Aid
- Microsoft Visio
- FileMaker Pro
- Quark Xpress
- Serenity Software Editor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- After the Deadline
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- Style guide databases
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Grammarly Editor
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop