Will “Editorial Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Editorial Assistant” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Production Proofreader
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Editorial Assistant
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Data Examination Clerk
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Braille Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Editorial Assistant”
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer data input scanners
- Laser facsimile machines
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Printers' rulers
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Tablet computers
- Copy machines
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Office
- After the Deadline
- Pro Writing Aid
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- Grammarly Editor
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Quark Xpress
- Apple iWork Keynote
- FileMaker Pro
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Style guide databases
- Serenity Software Editor
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop