Will “News Copy Editor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“News Copy Editor” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Editorial Assistant
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Production Proofreader
- Online Content Coordinator
- News Copy Editor
- Format Proofreader
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Data Examination Clerk
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Braille Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “News Copy Editor”
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Printers' rulers
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Personal computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Copy machines
- Tablet computers
- Laptop computers
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Computer data input scanners
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Grammarly Editor
- Style guide databases
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Visio
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Serenity Software Editor
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- After the Deadline
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Word
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Quark Xpress
- Pro Writing Aid
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- Elite Minds RightWriter