Will “Data Examination Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Data Examination Clerk” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Editorial Assistant
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Production Proofreader
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Braille Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Data Examination Clerk”
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
Related Technology & Tools
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Computer data input scanners
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Tablet computers
- Copy machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Printers' rulers
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel
- Grammarly Editor
- Microsoft Word
- Apple iWork Keynote
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- FileMaker Pro
- Pro Writing Aid
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Access
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- Quark Xpress
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Style guide databases
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- After the Deadline
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Serenity Software Editor
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver