Will “Data Examination Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Data Examination Clerk” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #481 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9081.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,640.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 11,430 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Proofreaders and Copy Markers”.
Also Known As…
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- News Copy Editor
- Editorial Assistant
- Desk Editor
- Copy Editor
- Copy Chief
- Content Editor
- Production Proofreader
- Online Content Coordinator
- Format Proofreader
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Data Reviewer
- Copy Reader
- Copy Preparer
- Copy Holder
- Copy Coordinator
- Content Coordinator
- Clerical Proofreader
- Braille Proofreader
- Assistant Editor
Tasks for “Data Examination Clerk”
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Write original content such as headlines, cutlines, captions, and cover copy.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Consult with authors and editors regarding manuscript changes and suggestions.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Printers' rulers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Personal computers
- Inkjet facsimile machines
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Copy machines
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- After the Deadline
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Intelligent Editing PerfectIt
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Avid Technology Media Composer
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Visio
- Style guide databases
- HP Autonomy TeamSite
- Apple iWork Keynote
- AutoCrit Editing Wizard
- Adobe Systems Adobe InCopy
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Elite Minds RightWriter
- Pro Writing Aid
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- FileMaker Pro
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Outlook
- Serenity Software Editor
- Quark Xpress
- Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker
- File transfer protocol FTP client software
- Grammarly Editor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel