Will “Business Continuity Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Director”
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer laser printers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Computer server equipment
- Mainframe computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Computer operating systems
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel
- Structured query language SQL
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Word
- Emergency notification system software
- Actuate BIRT
- Microsoft Office
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Microsoft Outlook
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Data entry software
- CA Clarity PPM
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft Project
- Web browser software
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Enterprise backup systems
- SunGard NotiFind
- Microsoft Access
- Business continuity software
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Local area network LAN software