Will “Disaster Recovery Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Disaster Recovery Analyst”
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Computer server equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Tablet computers
- Mainframe computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Emergency notification system software
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Sungard Assurance
- Actuate BIRT
- Microsoft Access
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Excel
- Business continuity software
- Data entry software
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Microsoft Visio
- Computer operating systems
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Structured query language SQL
- Local area network LAN software
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Word
- CA Clarity PPM
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- SunGard NotiFind
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- SAP Crystal Reports
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office