Will “Disaster Recovery Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Disaster Recovery Analyst”
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer server equipment
- Mainframe computers
- Desktop computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Computer laser printers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- SAP Crystal Reports
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Sungard Assurance
- Actuate BIRT
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- CA Clarity PPM
- Business continuity software
- Local area network LAN software
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Computer operating systems
- Data entry software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Visio
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- SunGard NotiFind
- Emergency notification system software
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- RecoveryPlanner RPX