Will “Business Continuity Strategy Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Strategy Director”
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer laser printers
- Computer server equipment
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Outlook
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Structured query language SQL
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Project
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft Excel
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Microsoft Access
- Business continuity software
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Actuate BIRT
- Computer operating systems
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Office
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- SunGard NotiFind
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Emergency notification system software
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Data entry software
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Visio