Will “Business Continuity Strategy Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Strategy Director”
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Desktop computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Mainframe computers
- Tablet computers
- Computer laser printers
- Computer server equipment
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- SunGard NotiFind
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft Access
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Enterprise backup systems
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SQL Server
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Computer operating systems
- Data entry software
- Actuate BIRT
- Structured query language SQL
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Business continuity software
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Web browser software
- Emergency notification system software
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Microsoft Word