Will “Business Continuity Planning Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Planning Director”
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Computer server equipment
- Tablet computers
- Mainframe computers
- Desktop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Teleconferencing systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Business continuity software
- Actuate BIRT
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Emergency notification system software
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Access
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Sungard Assurance
- Web browser software
- Computer operating systems
- CA Clarity PPM
- SunGard NotiFind
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Outlook