Will “IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)”
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Storage area network equipment
- Mainframe computers
- Desktop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Computer server equipment
- Tablet computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Emergency notification system software
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Data entry software
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Enterprise backup systems
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Excel
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Business continuity software
- SunGard NotiFind
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Microsoft Visio
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft Project
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Actuate BIRT
- Microsoft Office
- Sungard Assurance
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Computer operating systems
- Microsoft Access
- Web browser software
- Microsoft SQL Server