Will “Business Continuity Planners” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
Also Known As…
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Planners”
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
Related Technology & Tools
- Teleconferencing systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Tablet computers
- Computer server equipment
- Mainframe computers
- Desktop computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SQL Server
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Data entry software
- Business continuity software
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft Word
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft Access
- Actuate BIRT
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Visio
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Office
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Sungard Assurance
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft Excel
- SunGard NotiFind
- Enterprise backup systems
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Computer operating systems
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Emergency notification system software
- Web browser software