Will “Business Continuity Planners” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
Also Known As…
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Planners”
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Computer server equipment
- Desktop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Teleconferencing systems
- Tablet computers
- Mainframe computers
- Local area network LAN software
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Computer operating systems
- SunGard NotiFind
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Sungard Assurance
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Actuate BIRT
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Enterprise backup systems
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Access
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Word
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Emergency notification system software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Business continuity software
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Web browser software
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Visio