Will “Business Continuity Planner” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Planner”
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multiline telephone systems
- Teleconferencing systems
- Desktop computers
- Computer server equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Mainframe computers
- Personal computers
- Tablet computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Microsoft Access
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Microsoft Outlook
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- SunGard NotiFind
- Web browser software
- Data entry software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Visio
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Actuate BIRT
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Computer operating systems
- Business continuity software
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- CA Clarity PPM
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Local area network LAN software
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Emergency notification system software
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Excel