Will “Business Continuity Planner” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Planner”
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Mainframe computers
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Tablet computers
- Computer server equipment
- Teleconferencing systems
- Computer operating systems
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Web browser software
- CA Clarity PPM
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Access
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Data entry software
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft Visio
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Sungard Assurance
- Structured query language SQL
- Actuate BIRT
- Business continuity software
- Emergency notification system software
- Enterprise backup systems
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Microsoft Project
- SunGard NotiFind