Will “Transaction Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Transaction Manager”
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Desktop computers
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Computer server equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Actuate BIRT
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Visio
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Computer operating systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Emergency notification system software
- Business continuity software
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- CA Clarity PPM
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft Excel
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Data entry software
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- SunGard NotiFind
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Enterprise backup systems
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Project
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Sungard Assurance