Will “Transaction Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Transaction Manager”
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Desktop computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Tablet computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Computer server equipment
- Personal computers
- Mainframe computers
- Computer operating systems
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- SunGard NotiFind
- Microsoft Excel
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Actuate BIRT
- Local area network LAN software
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP Crystal Reports
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Data entry software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Outlook
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Emergency notification system software
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Structured query language SQL
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Business continuity software