Will “Transaction Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Transaction Manager”
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Teleconferencing systems
- Tablet computers
- Computer server equipment
- Storage area network equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Mainframe computers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Web browser software
- Computer operating systems
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Office
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Business continuity software
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Sungard Assurance
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Local area network LAN software
- Actuate BIRT
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Access
- SunGard NotiFind
- Emergency notification system software
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Excel
- Structured query language SQL
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Visio
- CA Clarity PPM