Will “Data Analytics Chief Scientist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Data Analytics Chief Scientist”
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
Related Technology & Tools
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Spectral imaging systems
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Airborne imaging systems
- Personal computers
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Thermal imaging systems
- Mainframe computers
- Desktop computers
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Interface definition language IDL
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Structured query language SQL
- Gamma remote sensing software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Word
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Microsoft Office
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Image processing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Oracle Java
- RSI ENVI
- Web browser software