Will “Data Analytics Chief Scientist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Data Analytics Chief Scientist”
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Personal computers
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Mainframe computers
- Thermal imaging systems
- Spectral imaging systems
- Airborne imaging systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Microsoft Excel
- Gamma remote sensing software
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Oracle Java
- Microsoft Office
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Interface definition language IDL
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Web browser software
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- RSI ENVI
- Microsoft Word
- Image processing software