Will “Signal Intelligence Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Signal Intelligence Analyst”
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Airborne imaging systems
- Thermal imaging systems
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Desktop computers
- Spectral imaging systems
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Oracle Java
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Web browser software
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- RSI ENVI
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Image processing software
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Interface definition language IDL
- Microsoft Word