Will “Sensor Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Sensor Specialist
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Sensor Specialist”
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
Related Technology & Tools
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Spectral imaging systems
- Personal computers
- Thermal imaging systems
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Airborne imaging systems
- Mainframe computers
- Desktop computers
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Oracle Java
- Microsoft Excel
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- RSI ENVI
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Word
- Structured query language SQL
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Microsoft Office
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Image processing software
- Web browser software
- Interface definition language IDL
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP