Will “Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst”
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Thermal imaging systems
- Airborne imaging systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Personal computers
- Spectral imaging systems
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Desktop computers
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Structured query language SQL
- RSI ENVI
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Interface definition language IDL
- Microsoft Office
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Oracle Java
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Image processing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Microsoft Word