Will “Geospatial Image Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Geospatial Image Analyst”
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
Related Technology & Tools
- Thermal imaging systems
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Airborne imaging systems
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Personal computers
- Mainframe computers
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Desktop computers
- Spectral imaging systems
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Interface definition language IDL
- Oracle Java
- RSI ENVI
- Image processing software
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Web browser software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Structured query language SQL