Will “Geospatial Image Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Geospatial Image Analyst”
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
Related Technology & Tools
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Mainframe computers
- Airborne imaging systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Spectral imaging systems
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Thermal imaging systems
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Interface definition language IDL
- Gamma remote sensing software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Structured query language SQL
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Web browser software
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- RSI ENVI
- Oracle Java
- Image processing software
- Microsoft Office