Will “Geospatial Image Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Geospatial Image Analyst”
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Airborne imaging systems
- Thermal imaging systems
- Spectral imaging systems
- Mainframe computers
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- RSI ENVI
- Microsoft Excel
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Structured query language SQL
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- Interface definition language IDL
- Image processing software
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Microsoft Word
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Oracle Java
- ESRI ArcGIS software