Will “Weather Algorithm Scientist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Weather Algorithm Scientist”
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
Related Technology & Tools
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Spectral imaging systems
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Desktop computers
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Mainframe computers
- Thermal imaging systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Airborne imaging systems
- Personal computers
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Interface definition language IDL
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Microsoft Office
- RSI ENVI
- Structured query language SQL
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Gamma remote sensing software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Oracle Java
- Microsoft Excel
- Image processing software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE