Will “Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist”
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
Related Technology & Tools
- Spectral imaging systems
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Airborne imaging systems
- Mainframe computers
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Thermal imaging systems
- Image processing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Oracle Java
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Interface definition language IDL
- Microsoft Office
- RSI ENVI
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Word
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Web browser software
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Microsoft Excel
- The MathWorks MATLAB