Will “Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist”
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Personal computers
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Desktop computers
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Spectral imaging systems
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Airborne imaging systems
- Thermal imaging systems
- Mainframe computers
- Oracle Java
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Structured query language SQL
- RSI ENVI
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- Microsoft Office
- Interface definition language IDL
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Word
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Image processing software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel