Will “Geospatial Intelligence Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Geospatial Intelligence Analyst”
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Thermal imaging systems
- Spectral imaging systems
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Airborne imaging systems
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Mainframe computers
- Personal computers
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- RSI ENVI
- Oracle Java
- Microsoft Word
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Interface definition language IDL
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Image processing software
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE