Will “Geospatial Intelligence Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Thermal Intelligence Analyst
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Geospatial Intelligence Analyst”
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Participate in fieldwork.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Spectral imaging systems
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Thermal imaging systems
- Airborne imaging systems
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- Microsoft Office
- RSI ENVI
- Oracle Java
- Microsoft Excel
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Image processing software
- Structured query language SQL
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Interface definition language IDL
- Web browser software
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica
- Microsoft Word
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP