Will “Thermal Intelligence Analyst” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems in areas such as natural resource management, urban planning, or homeland security. May develop new sensor systems, analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-2099.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists”.
Also Known As…
- Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Sensor Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Director (R&D Director)
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Remote Sensing Program Manager
- Remote Sensing Analyst
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Chief Scientist
- Weather Algorithm Scientist
- Spectral Scientist
- Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Remote Sensing Technologist
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Remote Sensing Research Scientist
- Remote Sensing Engineer
- Remote Sensing Certified Mapping Scientist
- Radar Scientist
- Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist
- Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Analyst
- LIDAR Scientist (Light Detection and Ranging Scientist)
- LIDAR Analyst (Light Detection and Ranging Analyst)
- Image Scientist
- Geospatial Image Analyst
- All Source Intelligence Analyst
Tasks for “Thermal Intelligence Analyst”
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Prepare or deliver reports or presentations of geospatial project information.
- Discuss project goals, equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
- Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Conduct research into the application or enhancement of remote sensing technology.
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection operations to determine if procedural or equipment changes are necessary.
- Set up or maintain remote sensing data collection systems.
- Apply remote sensing data or techniques, such as surface water modeling or dust cloud detection, to address environmental issues.
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Direct all activity associated with implementation, operation, or enhancement of remote sensing hardware or software.
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic data.
- Direct installation or testing of new remote sensing hardware or software.
- Participate in fieldwork.
- Attend meetings or seminars or read current literature to maintain knowledge of developments in the field of remote sensing.
- Use remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities to assess the impact of environmental change.
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
- Process aerial or satellite imagery to create products such as land cover maps.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial project information.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Compile and format image data to increase its usefulness.
- Develop new analytical techniques or sensor systems.
Related Technology & Tools
- Spectral imaging systems
- Mainframe computers
- Hyperspectral imaging equipment
- Multispectral imaging equipment
- Airborne imaging systems
- Desktop computers
- Synthetic aperture radar SAR
- Doppler Rayleigh laser imaging ranging and detecting LIDAR systems
- Spaceborne imaging systems
- Thermal imaging systems
- Personal computers
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Gamma remote sensing software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Oracle Java
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Interface definition language IDL
- RSI ENVI
- Microsoft Word
- BAE Systems SOCET GXP
- Microsoft Excel
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS IMAGINE
- Image processing software
- Structured query language SQL
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- PCI Geomatics Geomatica