Will “Dispensary Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Dispensary Attendant” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
Tasks for “Dispensary Attendant”
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
Related Technology & Tools
- Credit card processing machines
- Capsule counting machines
- Cash registers
- Laminar flow hoods
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Tablet counting machines
- Laser printers
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Desktop computers
- Label printing machines
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Database software
- Microsoft Office