Will “Pharmacist's Aide” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacist's Aide” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacist's Aide”
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Cash registers
- Laser printers
- Laminar flow hoods
- Tablet counting machines
- Capsule counting machines
- Personal computers
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Label printing machines
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Credit card processing machines
- Desktop computers
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software
- Database software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word