Will “Pharmacist's Aide” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacist's Aide” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacist's Aide”
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
Related Technology & Tools
- Label printing machines
- Laser printers
- Credit card processing machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Laminar flow hoods
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Personal computers
- Cash registers
- Capsule counting machines
- Tablet counting machines
- Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Office
- Database software
- Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet software