Will “Pharmacist Helper” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacist Helper” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacist Helper”
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet counting machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser printers
- Desktop computers
- Capsule counting machines
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Label printing machines
- Cash registers
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Personal computers
- Laminar flow hoods
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Database software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software