Will “Pharmacist Helper” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacist Helper” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacist Helper”
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
Related Technology & Tools
- Label printing machines
- Laser printers
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Capsule counting machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Cash registers
- Laminar flow hoods
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Tablet counting machines
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Database software
- Microsoft Word
- Word processing software