Will “Pharmacy Ancillary” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacy Ancillary” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacy Ancillary”
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
Related Technology & Tools
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Capsule counting machines
- Cash registers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Laminar flow hoods
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Laser printers
- Label printing machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Tablet counting machines
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Database software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Word