Will “Drug Purchaser” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Drug Purchaser” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Purchaser
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Drug Purchaser”
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laminar flow hoods
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Tablet counting machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Label printing machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Capsule counting machines
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Laser printers
- Cash registers
- Database software
- Microsoft Word
- Word processing software
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office