Will “Certified Pharmacist Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Certified Pharmacist Assistant” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
Tasks for “Certified Pharmacist Assistant”
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
Related Technology & Tools
- Label printing machines
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Cash registers
- Capsule counting machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Credit card processing machines
- Laser printers
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Tablet counting machines
- Personal computers
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Laminar flow hoods
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Database software
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office