Will “Pharmacy Cashier” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacy Cashier” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacy Cashier”
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
Related Technology & Tools
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Capsule counting machines
- Desktop computers
- Laser printers
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Credit card processing machines
- Tablet counting machines
- Personal computers
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Laminar flow hoods
- Label printing machines
- Cash registers
- Word processing software
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Database software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office