Will “Pharmacy Aides” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacy Aides” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacy Aides”
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
Related Technology & Tools
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Label printing machines
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Credit card processing machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Cash registers
- Laser printers
- Tablet counting machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Capsule counting machines
- Laminar flow hoods
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
- Database software
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office