Will “Pharmacy Aides” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacy Aides” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacy Aides”
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
Related Technology & Tools
- Capsule counting machines
- Laser printers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Label printing machines
- Cash registers
- Laminar flow hoods
- Tablet counting machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Database software
- Microsoft Word