Will “Pharmacist Aide” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacist Aide” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacist Aide”
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
Related Technology & Tools
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Capsule counting machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Personal computers
- Laser printers
- Tablet counting machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Label printing machines
- Cash registers
- Laminar flow hoods
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Database software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software