Will “Pharmacist Aide” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacist Aide” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacy Helper
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacist Aide”
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Desktop computers
- Label printing machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laminar flow hoods
- Laser printers
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Cash registers
- Capsule counting machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Tablet counting machines
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Database software
- Microsoft Excel